Have you ever written a non formal letter?
Typically, when we think of writing a letter, we assume they have to be formal or business related- but that’s not always the case.
Prepare your smiles as we learn 8 types of fun non formal letters!!!
8 Types of Fun Non-Formal Letters
- Inspire Them (Praise Their Strengths): We could all use a little inspiration once in a while. Share an inspiring quote or kind words with a friend who needs a pick-me-up.
- Sharing Your Funniest Experience of the Week: Sometimes you can’t help but want to share a funny experience. Write out your hilarious story in a non formal letter and send it to a family member!
- Sharing Your Super Powers: Do you have a superpower? Write about it in an informal letter and share your secret with a trustworthy friend.
- Diary Entry to a Friend: Writing is said to be therapeutic and can be a good way to relax. Share your feelings by writing a diary entry in an informal letter to a friend.
- Checking Up on Friend: Perhaps you haven’t heard from a friend in a while and want to reach out. An informal letter is a great way to let them know you are thinking of them and want to make sure they’re okay.
- Scavenger Hunt: Who doesn’t love a scavenger hunt?! Write out a list of items to find and send it to someone who likes a challenge.
- Talk About Your Kids: Can’t go wrong talking about your kids. Share adorable stories of your children’s milestones in an informal letter.
- Poetry: Show off your creative side and write a special poem for a friend or loved-one. Poems can be written in a variety of different styles and lengths, making them a great customized surprise.
If you just needed a couple of ideas to write your letter, go and get started. If you want to learn how to structure your fun non formal letter and ow to address and send your letter, keep reading...
How to Write a Non Formal Letter
There is no right or wrong way to write an informal letter but you can use this checklist as an outline:
5 Steps to writing an Informal Letter
- Address of the sender
- Date you are writing the letter
- Body of the letter
Non formal letter template (Copy & Paste):
You can take this format and quickly send your letter here.
[Address of the Sender]
Dear (name of recipient)
Body of the letter:
Paragraph 1: Ask about the wellbeing of recipient
Paragraph 2: Main reason for writing the letter
Paragraph 3: Conclusion and end of letter
(Name of Sender)
How to Address Non Formal Letters
Once you have completed writing your non formal letter, it’s time to fold it up put it in an envelope and send it. Here are easy steps to learn how to address an informal letter.
5 Steps to addressing Informal Letters
Do thank you cards need a return address?
Answer: No, a thank you card does not require a return address. However, if you want to know that your letter didn’t get lost in the mail, it is recommended you include a return address. A return address is easy to add to a thank you card. All you have to do is write your return address in the upper left-hand corner of your envelope.
Go Have Fun Writing Your Letter!!!
There you have it! Everything you need to know about fun non formal letter types to write to friends, colleagues and family. Share this with a friend and tell them to write you something fun back!!!
Send a Letter FAST with your iPhone
If you need a quick and easy way to send a letter from your iPhone learn more here. Wishing you a fun filled rest of your day!!!